What is it? An opportunity for SCBWI-MI members to receive written critiques from children’s literature agents and/or editors.
When is it?
- Registration opens February 1.
- There will be two rounds.
- The deadline for submissions for round one is February 15 and the deadline for round two is March 15.
- Agents/editors will have 6 weeks to critique the manuscripts.
- Members will pay $45 for each manuscript submitted.
- Members may submit more than one manuscript or to more than one editor/agent as long as they pay the $45 for each submission and as long as there are spots available.
- Members will pay for the critiques at the time of registration via the online registration platform. All manuscripts must be received by the submission deadline specified – NO EXCEPTIONS. No refunds will be given to anyone who misses the deadline.
Deadlines for submission?
- 5 PM on February 15, 2017 for round one
- 5 PM on March 15, 2017 for round two
- members may submit manuscripts anytime after registration opens
Those participating in Round One are:
- Brianne Johnson –Senior Agent at Writers House
- Adah Nuchi – Editorial Agent at Jill Corcoran Literary Agency
- Susan Dobinick – Editor at Bloomsbury Children’s Books
- Julie Bliven – Associate Editor at Charlesbridge
- Carrie Pestritto – Agent at Prospect Agency
- Ariel Richardson – Associate Editor at Chronicle Books
Those participating in Round Two are:
- Carrie Howland – Senior Agent at Empire Literary
- Christa Heschke – Agent at McIntosh and Otis
- Sean McCarthy – Founder and Agent at Sean McCarthy Literary Agency
- Victoria Selvaggio – Associate Agent at Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency
- Andrea Cascardi – Agent at Transatlantic Agency
- Nikki Garcia – Assistant Editor at Little Brown Books for Young Readers
- Alison Weiss – Senior Editor at Sky Pony Press
- Kristin Rens – Executive Editor at Baltzer & Bray/Harper Collins
- Emily Feinberg – Associate Editor at Roaring Brook Press
- Kelly Barrales-Saylor – Editorial Director at Sourcebooks Jabberwocky
- Alex Arnold – Editor at Katherine Tegen Books