Write an engaging article about the benefits of membership in SCBWI and come out a WINNER in more ways than one!
The article can include benefits related to our region but the larger focus should be on the membership in general. Judges are looking for creative approaches to this topic and expect the content to be accurate and current.
Links to the SCBWI website can be included.
Deadline for submission is Monday, January 22 at 11:59 PM. No late entries will be accepted.
- word count: up to 600 words but fewer are encouraged
- include a title and address block with your name, phone number, and email
- submit to Michigan-RA2@scbwi.org with the article as part of the email. No attachments, please.
The winning article with author credit will be:
- posted in The Mitten, SCBWI MI’s blog (viewership of 1000+)
- linked to the SCBWI MI website, SCBWI MI Facebook page and Twitter feed (viewership unknown)
- emailed to current SCBWI MI members (450+)
- provided to the editorial team for INSIGHT, the monthly online newsletter sent to every SCBWI member, for possible inclusion (viewership of 23,000+)
- the winning article will also receive a Fast Pass to the editorial team of The Bulletin, SCBWI’s illustrated quarterly publication provided to all members for possible inclusion.
And finally, the winning author will receive a free year membership in SCBWI.
Questions? Email Carrie at Michigan-RA2@scbwi.org.
Let’s see what you’ve got, Michiganders!