The Mitten is the official blog for the Michigan chapter of SCBWI and can be found at http://scbwimithemitten.blogspot.com/. Please spread the word and share with anyone interested in reading, writing, and creating quality literature for children and young adults.
SCBWI-MI members are encouraged to submit blog posts. What are we looking for?
- Success stories
- Tips on any aspect of the publishing process – writing, illustrating, promotion, time management, etc.
- Agent/editor interviews
- Photos, personal impressions, and brief overviews of events, such as conferences, meet-ups, book signings, book clubs, festivals, etc.
- Reviews of books on craft
We’re also looking for contributions for our ongoing features:
- Ask the Editor: Do you have a question about publishing/getting published? Katherine Gibson Easter is here to help! Katherine is an editor at Zonderkidz Publishing in Grand Rapids, a graduate of the Denver Publishing Institute, and she spent five years working at Eerdmans Books for Young Readers. Email your questions to Mitten Blog editor Sarah LoCascio, and she’ll pass them along to Katherine.
- Hugs and Hurrahs: We want to trumpet your good news! Send 1-3 sentences about your accomplishment. We love to include book covers, photos, or art, too.
- Book Birthdays: Email Christy Matthes if you have a new book being published. She’ll interview you for our Book Birthday blog to help spread the word.
- The SCBWI-MI E&I Team creates quarterly posts for the Equity and Inclusion Corner.
Do you have an idea for a blog post or a new feature? We’d love to hear it!
Submission guidelines: Detailed guidelines are available on The Mitten. Please query Sarah Prusoff LoCascio at email@example.com. Include a 1-3 sentence bio and any links, art, book covers, or photos to accompany your blog post. (All images must be your personal property or fair use/public domain.)